ProvaMed Provale® Cup - The Small Sips Cup for Dysphagia
The Provale Cup Delivers a Fixed Amount of Thin Liquids With Every Typical Drinking Motion.
- Clinical Benefits: Designed for people with dysphagia, The Provale Cup delivers “small sips” of thin liquids with every normal drinking motion. This may promote safer swallowing and allow the user more independence by putting hydration and nutrition within their reach.
- May help eliminate the need for pre-thickened liquids
- May give individuals more independence and lessen caregiver supervision
- Patented anti-suck mechanism prevents over-delivery of fluids for ease and safety of swallowing
- Good nose clearance to minimize head tilt
- The transparent cup allows observance of the liquid intake level
- The Technology: Designed for those with dysphagia, the Provale Cup delivers a fixed measured dose of fluid. When the cup is tilted in a typical drinking motion, liquid travels out of a measurement device. Before any additional liquid is released for consumption, the cup must be returned to an upright position and the drinking motion repeated. With each drinking action, the cup dispenses a small amount (5 cc or 10 cc) of liquid that many people with dysphagia may be able to safely consume.
- Assembly and Disassembly: The Provale Cup is designed as a cup within a cup so it is easy to assemble and disassemble. It is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- Safety & Independence: For those living with swallowing disorders (dysphagia), the simple task of drinking can be a daunting challenge. Because those with dysphagia have a higher risk of choking, they may require constant assistance from a caregiver which can result in feeling a loss of independence.
- Physically, individuals with dysphagia may experience dehydration and malnourishment. Of greater concern is that more than 40,000 Americans die each year from aspiration pneumonia, a complication related to dysphagia.
- FDA Approved: The Cup is manufactured in an ISO/GMP FDA registered facility and meets strict quality control standards.
- Promotes Independence: Designed to resemble a “travel mug”. Maintains an individual’s dignity and can be used in the clinical, home or outdoor setting.
- Patented Design: Patented "anti-suck" design to help prevent potential over delivery
- Fixed Amount: Delivers a fixed amount of liquids every time, helping eliminate the need for thickener
- Accuracy: Color-coded cups help ensure accurate fluid delivery
- Not for use with thickened liquids.
- Can be assembled with one or two handles.
- Metered flow cup for those living with dysphagia.
- 5cc Cup: Delivers a fixed amount of 5cc liquids (1 tsp).
- 100cc Cup: Delivers a fixed amount of 10cc liquids (2 tsp).
Size: Holds 8 ounces of fluid.
Available in 5 or 10 cc limited delivery
5cc Cup - Single (1900) UPC: 603865019004
5cc - 5 Pack Cups (1900-5PK)
10cc Cup - Single (1901) UPC: 603865019011
10cc - 5 Pack Cups (1901-5PK)
Replacement Lid - 10cc (RMP108RL)
Replacement Lid - 5cc (RMP058RL)
Please Note: Because individual patient needs differ, a trained healthcare professional must make the decision on product use and patient independence.
Disassembly and Washing 2021